Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Marley


Some of my family and I watched "Marley and Me" after Easter dinner on Sunday.
I'd read the book shortly after it came out partly because it looked like a good read, but mostly because the picture of Marley caught my eye.

Marley was the spitting image of our family dog Max. And as I read the book, there was no doubt that Max and Marley were kindred spirits. At the time I read it Max was in the last years of his life...mostly in low gear with bursts of energy now and then. So the read was a tear jerker in the end but I remember it as mostly funny and familiar(not just Marley's antics, but I grew up in PA and my parents were from Philly)

But now that Max is gone as well... and though I liked the movie, I must admit, I cried more than I laughed. It's just amazing how deeply a pet can touch your heart.

I love the way the author, John Grogan, captured the love, joys and trials of a regular family and their dog. If you haven't read "Marley and Me" pick up a copy.

For more on our Max click here


(Max with his May/December romance, Sassy)

1 comment:

Light and Writing said...

These photos are adorable! I must read and watch Marley and Me!